by Kelly Martinsen
All of my Weight Watchers friends have been raving about these two-ingredient bagels, so I had to make them and see what all the fuss is about. Wow, the hype is real! These are delicious and easy to make. They are just three points each on the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, so you can enjoy a good-size bagel with no guilt.
So, what is the secret to making these bagels low in points? It’s fat-free Greek yogurt, which is 0 points on the Freestyle plan and one of the main ingredients in these bagels. The crazy thing is that you cannot taste the yogurt at all. Give them a try and see for yourself! You won’t believe that you are able to eat these and stay on program.
One final note before I share how to make them—these are called two-ingredient bagels, since they are made from flour and fat-free Greek yogurt. You do add some toppings, like an egg wash and seasoning, so technically it might be more than two.
Two-Ingredient Bagels Recipe
Yields: 4 bagels
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
- Egg wash
- Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend from Trader Joes
- Combine flour and yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form (If you just want to make two bagels, just use ½ cup of both). Put a little flour on your hands and turn the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out four dough balls.
- Take each ball and roll like a rope, and then pinch edges together to make a circle.
- Brush bagels with an egg wash and sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend.
- Bake at 350° F for 23 minutes and 500° F for the last 2 minutes, so the tops can brown.
Viola! Homemade two-ingredient bagels are ready to use to make a sandwich or to spread with your favorite spread.