2 Tbsp active dry yeast
2 cups very warm water
2 Tbsp natural granulated sugar
3 cups organic unbleached all-purpose or bread flour, divided 2-to-1 2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 cups whole wheat flour, divided 2-to-1
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease baking pans.
2. Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water. Stir gently, let yeast rise until frothy foam covers surface. Mix dough by hand with a dough hook or using an electric mixer.
3. Add 2 cups all-purpose flour, salt and olive oil and mix well.
4. Add 2 cups whole wheat flour (grind just before using for maximum nutrition).
5. Gradually add the additional flour until a smooth dough forms. Depending on altitude and humidity, more or less may be needed. Mix until dough is smooth.
6. Remove to flour-dusted bread board. Shape and roll out to about 1⁄2-inch thick, top with marinara sauce, cheese and desired toppings.
6. Bake at 400° F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden around the edges.