NATURAL AWAKENINGS LONG ISLAND GUEST BLOG-Rules of Play
All Submissions are not guaranteed to be published
Jeez we wish we could publish them all, but the submissions must first fit the following guidelines and then go through a choosing committee:
- Word count: posts typically run between 250-650 words. Please stay under 650 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Natural Awakenings Long Island. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested.
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences..
- Please send your post in the body of the message of an email. That means, if you’re using Word, for example, you’d paste the Word document into your email.
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. The more people who view your post, the better is it for you and the better it is for Natural Awakenings Long Island.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, Natural Awakenings Long Island consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we will carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we generally respond within 30 days. You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 60 days.
Piece should be inspiring, informative, and/or educational.
Piece should be New Information to our audience.
Being Succinct is the name of the game, we know you have a lot to say, but if you want to be
heard your piece should be short, void of useless words and immediately impactful.
Top of Form
Use plain English!
If it’s a recipe well heck even if it isn’t, include an amazing photo.
Show us your sources! Show us your sources! Show us your sources! Show us your sources!